Breaking News -Zachary Pryor picked up by a new shop today, this one in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland. (Tilde) En route to my first meeting I took 84 the wrong way, but got to enjoy a bit of the gorge. I was then barraged with snow, rain, hail and sunshine. Insane. But gorgeous. After a successful meeting with Tilde and the incredibly charming owner Debbe Hamada I headed to Redux and Radish Underground to set up meetings for later this week. Expect new Zachary Pryor products in both stores this weekend! The 3 pieces in my pdx day 1 collage below (including Arianna Fluffington gets a nest) are available now at Tilde. And now…I must get ready to go see Ellie Goulding at the Doug Fir. woot. I think.
So RoBeast got me this sick crystal to hang in my window. It (along with the 6 others) creates intense rainbow disco-ness every sunny day from 2:30 to 6 pm. Its amazing. We enjoy choice treats and dance our asses off while the crystal light envelops us and keeps us safe from all the horrors of early Spring in New York. Below is a sampling of the “rainbow crystal hours” playlist that has been on heavy rotation, serenading me as I wrap up my final days living in New York. The opener is seriously a favorite -early recording by Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Just epic. Enjoy
- Frozen Love -Buckingham/Nicks (Stevie and Lindsey before Fleetwood Mac)
- Last Dance (Chase & Status Remix) -Clare Maguire
- The Sign (FRNK FRND RMX)
- Me And Mr Jones (Fuckery) –Amy Winehouse
- I wrote the book (Original Mix) –Beth Ditto
- Catch My Fall –Billy Idol
- Kiss With A Fist -Florence + The Machine
- Hey (Nah Neh Nah) -Milk & Sugar Vocal Mix -Vaya Con Dios
- Intro (XX Booty Mix) -Sander Van Doorn
- Who Is He (Henrik Schwarz Edit) -Bill Withers
- Strict Machine -Goldfrapp
- Tricky Tricky (Beyond Deep Remix) –Röyksopp
- 3 Little Words (Monsieur Adi Remix) -Frankmusik
- Miss Me Blind -Boy George And Culture Club
- I Wanna Be Your Lover -Prince ( ooh la la)
My toes are numb. My ears are hot. (keep talking people) And change is in the air. Here’s a little playlist for this rainy day here in NYC. or a regular day playlist for those of you more fortunate out there. I’ve linked a few of my favorite gems. see if you like, then track down the others by your lonesome.
- “Dreams like Oceans” -Meg & Dia
- “Marathon” -Tennis
- “You’s A Nasty” -Sam Sparro
- “Sleep” (RAC Rmx) -Thomas Tantrum
- ‘Pumped Up Kicks” -Foster the People
- florrie call of the wild baby monster remix
- \”Why\” -Carly Simon (GC Needs a New needle edit)
- “Long Boat Pass” -Tennis
- “Archangel” -Burial
- Grimes \”vanessa\”
- “Dance Yrself Clean” -LCD Soundsystem
- “Meiso” (Silent-Gun Mix) -DJ Krush feat. Black Thought & Malik B From the Roots
- phantogram\’s mouthful of diamonds
- “Beat and The Pulse” -Austra
- “Stay In Touch” (Byron St. John’s Dream Mix) -garcongarcon
In addition to this little intro to the bands above, (for those of you who don’t already know them) I also give you a little medicinal glitter and funk in the form of some Spring Zachary Pryor. enjoy.
(left-right, top-bottom) “Dripping Heart” necklace and “Octofunk” are both available special order only. Doom and Gloom comes to you from a stormy Moy, County Armagh Northern Ireland. Teal feather earrings available on zp-nyc.
Ooh -one last thing to cure your malaise. From the above playlist I give you a truly moving, creepifying video to “Beat and the Pulse” Thoughts?